Chief Accountant with minimum 4 years experience, needed for a family office in Lebanon.
– Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
– 4+ years experience in Accounting, auditing and consolidation
– Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) Access, SPSS and ERP
– Good knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles, and awareness of business trends
– Good communication oral and written skills
– Good leadership skills
– Team player
– Accuracy and attention to detail
– Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
– Fluent in English, Arabic and French is a plus
– Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and consolidating account information.
– Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
– Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
– Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
– Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
– Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
– Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
– Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
– Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
– Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
– Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
– Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
– Complies with local/ International financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
– Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. – Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Working hours / days:
5 days a week; Monday to Saturday
Salary & compensation:
While the salary and benefits depend on the level of experience and competencies of the candidate, the Chief Accountant position offers an attractive package.
Do you know anyone suitable for this position? Let us know! Please share this vacancy with your friends and family.